Infor EAM Healthcare Edition
You can't meet the unique needs of the healthcare
industry with generic software that treats all industries equally.
Infor understands that the healthcare industry isn't like any other industry. So, Infor has created software that's
tailored to the specific needs of this industry.
Your healthcare organization needs an enterprise asset management (EAM) solution that can help you recognize and effectively monitor and manage all your facilities and equipment costs—one that supports the business side of
Infor Healthcare includes all the capabilities to manage the healthcare lifecycle built-in, not bolted on. So what
does that mean for you? Faster deployments and fewer modifications. You get up and running more quickly, with
fewer disruptions to your business. Upgrades are faster, too. So you can quickly adapt your business processes to
the rapid changes of the healthcare industry.
Break down silos of processes and information and improve alignment across your operations with Infor Healthcare. You'll create a high-performing healthcare organization with the agility to quickly adapt to changing conditions,
the ability to improve patient outcomes, and the insight to grow operating margins when you choose the solutions
that have been used by thousands of leading healthcare organizations.
Key capabilities include:
• Regulatory compliance—To meet
guidelines set by The Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health
Administration, and other key regulatory agencies—including TJC, (EC, EM, LS),
CMS, NFPA 101 (LSC), NFPA 99, OSHA, and FDA—Infor EAM Healthcare Edition
provides your healthcare organization with enhanced compliance tracking
features and comprehensive tools for performing maintenance, You’ll also find
it helpful in documenting the work and history associated with a piece of
equipment, and in developing maintenance strategies.
• Equipment management—With Infor EAM Healthcare Edition, you can manage risk, warranties and change notices. Plus, you can monitor asset performance, initiate preventive maintenance measures, and easily collect data on your assets.
• Call center management—You can manage all service requests through a single call center. From nurses to cafeteria workers to maintenance technicians, each service employee can view their open requests. With the help of Infor EAM Requestor, users can enter, update, and retrieve work orders through a familiar web interface.
• Change notice management—There is a constant flow of equipment in the healthcare industry—from replacing faulty or out-of-date medical instruments to implementing the most modern technology. Infor EAM Healthcare Edition helps you quickly and easily manage change notices that affect your
equipment and operations, allowing you to take action and prevent potential hazards.
• Multi-organization capabilities—Infor EAM Healthcare Edition can help your organization incorporate assets into a management solution while maintaining autonomy between different maintenance groups. For example, medical personnel can use the solution to issue work orders for cardiac monitors and defibrillators, while facilities managers can use it to service HVAC systems and automatic doors. Each department has access only to the tasks it needs. The facilities teams can control purchase orders, evaluate vendors, and manage purchasing contracts, resulting in a more efficient and cost-effective operation.
• Mobility—Infor EAM Mobile extends the value of Infor EAM Healthcare Edition for field service workers as well as the managers, clerks, and schedulers who are connected directly to the solution. EAM Mobile expedites service throughout your facility on mobile devices such as iPads and smartphones, to speed service. Personnel can move from room to room or site to site and still access and record maintenance information, conduct inspections, and track inventory.
• Energy efficiency—Infor EAM Healthcare Edition continually monitors energy consumption at the asset level, and proactively alerts your workforce of performance anomalies to ensure action is taken at the optimal time. By combining the consumption of energy and other natural resources with other asset performance parameters, Infor EAM gives you a more complete picture of each asset’s performance and its impact on your business.
You get important features, like:
•Prepopulated lists—Get started
quickly with prepopulated lists specific to your healthcare facility or
biomedical engineering operation. The lists include closing codes, user groups,
and users and ownership type, and can be modified at any time.
• Incident tracking—Track and trend incidents involving patients, visitors, property, and include other criteria to maintain compliance with TJC.
• Inspection management—Document and protect inspection procedures on each piece of equipment and initiate inspections based on time, equipment performance, or previous work. You can also perform group inspections of assets through the Campaign feature for dealing with recalls, safety alerts, zone maintenance, and building maintenance programs (BMP).
• Recall management—Manage device recalls received from agencies like the FDA and ECRI.
• JCAHO compliance—Plan for improvement referencing and tracking on construction projects for JCAHO compliance. Infor10 EAM Healthcare Edition also allows you to track JCAHO work orders relating to Statement of Conditions, (SOC), Plan for Improvement (PFI), ILSM, PCRA, Infection Control Risk Assessment, and building maintenance programs.
• Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)—Perform FMEA for work orders using closing codes with preloaded list codes for facilities and biomedical engineering.
• Preconfigured pre-set list view filters tailored to healthcare environment—Get easy access to all the information that matters. In one click you can view the maintenance state for certain types of equipment. You don’t need to compile a report.
• Asset tracking—Keep all information about assets—from heart monitors to electrical beds to generators—in one database for easy retrieval and for input on activities, movements, and maintenance. You can ensure that information on highly mobile equipment is always up to date.
• Barcoding and data collection—Record and track equipment with barcoding technology for more accurate, efficient, and effective deployment. Use barcodes to accurately locate mobile equipment, from beds to IV pumps.
• Equipment calibration—Keep sensitive medical equipment, such as dialysis and MRI machines, in the safest condition possible. If life-saving medical equipment loses calibration, technicians can easily trace back to the point of failure, preventing critical problems.
• KPIs—Monitor equipment with real-time, dashboard-like gauges for a precise snapshot of maintenance team and equipment performance to quickly identify potential problems and improve utilization. Set KPIs to monitor issues that are critical to your organization’s continued compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Outsourced maintenance services—Record maintenance activities, compile equipment histories, and create invoices for services the engineering and maintenance department performs for other organizations. Internal employees can be defined in the employee section with predefined types
(contractor, full-time, etc.) and trades (mechanic,electrician, and so on.)
• Warranty management—Tap into immediate savings with warranty management for both meter- and date-based warranties, and for automatic notifications on all work orders in the system that have a potential warranty claim.
• Emissions compliance—Effectively capture and document the carbon footprint of your organization, and enforce stringent work management processes for hazardous material and fugitive emission handling.
Infor EAM Healthcare Edition provides the asset management functions you need to improve performance, increase savings, comply with regulations, and provide quality care—all with low total cost of ownership and a rapid ROI.
Developed specifically for your industry, Infor EAM Healthcare Edition delivers a full array of compliance tools
to help you manage numerous, and at times conflicting, regulatory compliance standards. The solution also
provides prepopulated lists and preinstalled KPIs, as well as reports specifically for the healthcare environment,
minimizing the time needed to set up the system.
Customer Success Profile - BioMarin
Risk Management with Infor EAM Healthcare Edition
organizations like yours need their equipment
to perform as expected in order to avoid damaging and
expensive liability claims. Infor EAM Healthcare Edition
helps ensure your facilities and equipment will function
Risk management includes:
Electronic record protection—Using administrative
tools, you can implement various levels of password
protection, create authority checks to set user-specific
accounts, control document distribution rights, and
limit access for changing documentation.
• Joint Commission compliance—The risk assessment
tool helps determine if an asset is to be included into
your Medical Equipment Management or Utility
System Management Programs.
• Audit trails—Any time a record is changed, your
administration can track the user ID, altered fields,
value changes, date and time of the change, and
whether the change is a data insertion, update,